Rogue Roots & Strings Camp
Rogue Roots & Strings
In partnership with The Britt Fest, The Modern Roots Foundation is pleased to offer the Rogue Roots & Strings camp. Working to instill the seeds of a lifelong love of music and building community among young people, the camp offers kids a unique musical experience nestled right here in the Rogue Valley. Students of all skill sets will work together in both large group and small group format with their own roots music instrument. Even if your child doesn’t yet play an instrument, the Rogue Roots & Strings camp is a fantastic entry point into a life of music.
Camp attendees will learn:
- Playing music in a social setting
- Stage presence
- Ensemble etiquette
- Crafting a fun and interactive performance
- Working together in a large group
Age and skill level:
- Beginner to advanced (no experience necessary)
- Ages 4-7, 8-18
Schedule & Location:
- Monday – Thursday: 9am to 3pm
- Friday 9am to 4:30 pm
- Friday night concerts: Camp participants perform at 4:30pm followed by a special performance by Hanneke Cassel
- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Free of Charge, Kids encouraged!
What to bring:
- A sack lunch and water bottle
- Camp attendees should bring their own acoustic string instrument: Fiddle, Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo, Cello, Bass, Mandolin
The following businesses are offering camp participants discounts on instrument rentals, purchases and repairs:
- Bellwood Violin: 5% off on instrument rentals
- Cripple Creek Music Company: 15% off on purchases and 20% off on repairs
- Glenn Freese: 20% off on repairs
Hanneke Cassel: “EXUBERANT AND RHYTHMIC, somehow both wild and innocent, delivered with captivating melodic clarity and an irresistible playfulness,” says the Boston Globe about Hanneke Cassel’s playing. Such charismatic fiddling has brought the native Oregonian many honors and awards.
Other faculty members include:
- Duane Whitcomb
- Sage Meadows
- Jef Fretwell
- Rachel Buklad
Register here: http://www.brittfest.org/rootsstrings
Questions? For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-227-3227.